Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes Playlists across devices

Can I have different playlists on different devices? I have family sharing and my playlists show up on my son’s phone. I’d like to hide those and let him add playlists (he’s 10, so different tastes and level of appropriateness). Is this possible?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 10:36 AM

Hello maggies_mom,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that your playlists are showing up on your sons device, and you want to know how to have different playlists. It sounds like you may be sharing your Apple ID with your son. If so, you really want to be sure both of you have your own Apple ID. This way your data is separate, and you can still use Family Sharing. More information can be found in the following guides:

Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

Just in case, we thought you might also find the following guide helpful: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks again, and take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 10:36 AM in response to maggies_mom

Hello maggies_mom,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that your playlists are showing up on your sons device, and you want to know how to have different playlists. It sounds like you may be sharing your Apple ID with your son. If so, you really want to be sure both of you have your own Apple ID. This way your data is separate, and you can still use Family Sharing. More information can be found in the following guides:

Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

Just in case, we thought you might also find the following guide helpful: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks again, and take care.

ITunes Playlists across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.