Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nationalsupplynetwork

A few days ago I visited a website "nationalsupplynetwork.com" using Safari 14.0.3. I did not transact any business there, but I came close. I may have left an unordered item in my shopping cart. Now, when I open "Preferences:Websites" right after booting up, various table items show "nationalsupplynetwork.com" as a "Currently Open Website". That is, Safari thinks that nsn.com is open, but I can't see any such window/tab/site. What might I have done wrong to have such a thing, and how do I get rid of it? Malwarebytes does not show this as a problem.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 10:48 AM

Download EtreCheck, run it to see if there is any adware installed or not.

https://etrecheck.com

Click  “Free download” button,

Open Downloads folder, click on it to open, and then select ”Open”.

“Choose a problem” from the popup menu box, and then “Start EtreCheck” in the dialog.

Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy report” .

Paste the report when you reply.

Note: This is a diagnostic test.

Do you have any pinned tab at the far left of the tab bar?

Try launching Safari holding the shift key down.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2021 10:48 AM in response to Craig MacKenna

Download EtreCheck, run it to see if there is any adware installed or not.

https://etrecheck.com

Click  “Free download” button,

Open Downloads folder, click on it to open, and then select ”Open”.

“Choose a problem” from the popup menu box, and then “Start EtreCheck” in the dialog.

Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy report” .

Paste the report when you reply.

Note: This is a diagnostic test.

Do you have any pinned tab at the far left of the tab bar?

Try launching Safari holding the shift key down.

Feb 28, 2021 1:35 PM in response to dominic23

Yes, there is a little "N" icon at the left of the tab bar. Clicking on it identies it as a shopping cart from nsn.

Safari help includes a description of how to unpin a tab.

So I did that, now 1) the little N icon is gone from the start of the tab bar.

2) all the items in Preferences:Websites no longer show nationalsupplynetwork.com

3) This also solves my other problem stated on Apple MacOS discussions: How do you keep Safari from displaying the tab bar.

Thank you very much.

I used to know a fair amount about Macs and their OS, but the march of progress has obsoleted me. 🙂

nationalsupplynetwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.