You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I receive when I purchased my subscription, do I still pay for purchases of music

What do I receive when I purchased my subscription, do I still pay for purchases of music

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 7:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 8:53 PM

Apple Music is a subscription service.

You rent that music in your library.

If the subscription lapses, the music is unavailable.

Apple Music files are protected by DRM.

Music available in Apple Music can vary, and can sometimes be withdrawn.

If you should choose to purchase music, you receive a non-DRM copy of the music, and the music remains in your library.

Apple Music is great for sampling a vast variety of available music.

I’ve found now-favorite artists that I’d have never have found otherwise.

I’d then consider or purchase the music that I very much like and want to keep, or that I wish to access outside of Apple Music.

In older terms, a rental or subscription service such as Apple Music lets you “borrow” from a zillion CDs but you must return each of those “borrowed” CDs and cannot rip those CDs, where a music purchase allows you to keep and to rip the CDs, and the CDs are yours and don’t have to be returned.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2021 8:53 PM in response to idontunderstandapple

Apple Music is a subscription service.

You rent that music in your library.

If the subscription lapses, the music is unavailable.

Apple Music files are protected by DRM.

Music available in Apple Music can vary, and can sometimes be withdrawn.

If you should choose to purchase music, you receive a non-DRM copy of the music, and the music remains in your library.

Apple Music is great for sampling a vast variety of available music.

I’ve found now-favorite artists that I’d have never have found otherwise.

I’d then consider or purchase the music that I very much like and want to keep, or that I wish to access outside of Apple Music.

In older terms, a rental or subscription service such as Apple Music lets you “borrow” from a zillion CDs but you must return each of those “borrowed” CDs and cannot rip those CDs, where a music purchase allows you to keep and to rip the CDs, and the CDs are yours and don’t have to be returned.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.