Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to upgrade my MacBook Pro 13-inch, late 2011 to the new Big Sur

Is there any way to upgrade my MacBook Pro 13-inch, late 2011 to the new Big Sur?

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 7:28 PM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2021 7:56 PM in response to bunnyblu28

MacOS upgrades always check for a list of hardware used in `Macs no longer supported by Apple. If the upgrade installation finds any of this older hardware it will jump to a routine that aborts the installation. The way round this is to get a patched version of Big Sur, but this is against Apple's Terms and Conditions/EULA. Even then, your MacBook Pro from late 2011 may have more of these older components than some newer Macs which Big Sur doesn't officially support. If it does work, then I doubt that 100% of the features will work and your WiFi adaptor may be disabled, but I don't know much about this model of Mac compared with the others which are supported. Another possibility is to try and upgrade the logic board to a newer version, so long as it will fit. A site for helping older Macs is https://lowendmac.com

Is there any way to upgrade my MacBook Pro 13-inch, late 2011 to the new Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.