Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR words typing on screen different to what I’m typing

Hi, so when i type words lately on my iPhone XR, some of the words I type appear on screen totally different to what I’ve typed & there is spacing between ever couple or few letters.

can anyone help with this problem please? Below are screen shots I’ve taken when this happens.

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2021 11:40 PM

Delete and add the keyboard that you have on your device. That is the only thing I can think of based on the input given by you.

Try using QuickPath feature, is a lot easier.

Watch the GIF below, based on which I have made this opinion.

I have made this GIF on iPhone SE iOS 14.2 and tested it for YouTube, Safari, Apple Music, Instagram, Notes, iOS mail app

Keep an eye on the predictive text and another eye on the keyboard QuickPath (Swift Key) movement trail. Swift Key is called Quick Path in iPhone and iPad devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2021 11:40 PM in response to jesshaydjosh

Delete and add the keyboard that you have on your device. That is the only thing I can think of based on the input given by you.

Try using QuickPath feature, is a lot easier.

Watch the GIF below, based on which I have made this opinion.

I have made this GIF on iPhone SE iOS 14.2 and tested it for YouTube, Safari, Apple Music, Instagram, Notes, iOS mail app

Keep an eye on the predictive text and another eye on the keyboard QuickPath (Swift Key) movement trail. Swift Key is called Quick Path in iPhone and iPad devices.

iPhone XR words typing on screen different to what I’m typing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.