Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cleaning braided solo loop watch band

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 4:10 PM

Sadly, as of 3/15/21 the linked article does not tell how to properly clean the braided solo loop band, IMO. It is not leather, Solo Loop, Sport Band or Nike Sport Band. Also, the instructions under the catch-all "For all other bands, buckles and closures" will not help remove the smell that might develop due to several weeks of wear by someone (like me) who might get a little sweaty working around the house, or on brisk walks, etc. I have not tried MichelPM's (https://discussions.apple.com/profile/MichelPM)

suggestion here yet, but will give it a go.

FYI, the catch-all cleaning instructions as of 3/15/21:

1. Wipe the band clean with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water.
  2. Dry the band with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth before you attach it to your Apple Watch.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 4:10 PM in response to WARMECHINE9240

Sadly, as of 3/15/21 the linked article does not tell how to properly clean the braided solo loop band, IMO. It is not leather, Solo Loop, Sport Band or Nike Sport Band. Also, the instructions under the catch-all "For all other bands, buckles and closures" will not help remove the smell that might develop due to several weeks of wear by someone (like me) who might get a little sweaty working around the house, or on brisk walks, etc. I have not tried MichelPM's (https://discussions.apple.com/profile/MichelPM)

suggestion here yet, but will give it a go.

FYI, the catch-all cleaning instructions as of 3/15/21:

1. Wipe the band clean with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with fresh water.
  2. Dry the band with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth before you attach it to your Apple Watch.

Feb 28, 2021 1:33 PM in response to deggie

Hi deggie - I read the suggestions...maybe I misinterpreted them...but they all seemed to apply to solid materials, like leather, silicon, plastic or rubber. My braided loop is more like cloth covering elastic.

I just now ran some warm tap water over the band and then lathered a drop of gentle liquid soap on my hands and lightly covered the band and then thoroughly rinsed it. Then, pressed it with a couple of paper towels. Seems to work - no more stain or smell.

Yeah, I know, it's a lot of ado about a miniscule problem. But...shame on me, I was cooking last night and grease running down my hand onto the band left a noticeable stain and smell.

I'll have to try that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Thank you for you quick response.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.