Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to use my 32 bit apps on my MacBook Pro 2012

How can I use my 32 bit apps again after updating to Catalina on my MacBook pro

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 12:44 AM

You can't. You will have to update your 32 bit applications to the latest version which should by now be 64 bit version, or find alternatives if a 64 bit version is not available. Software developers were told nearly three years ago that 64 bit only Macintosh operating systems were coming.

In their support document 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later Apple advises:

"Starting with macOS Catalina, 32-bit apps are no longer compatible with macOS."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 12:44 AM in response to markfromhemet

You can't. You will have to update your 32 bit applications to the latest version which should by now be 64 bit version, or find alternatives if a 64 bit version is not available. Software developers were told nearly three years ago that 64 bit only Macintosh operating systems were coming.

In their support document 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later Apple advises:

"Starting with macOS Catalina, 32-bit apps are no longer compatible with macOS."

Mar 1, 2021 1:51 AM in response to markfromhemet

Whether or not this may help to 'upgrade those 32-bit apps and drivers' after the fact

since change-over was before Catalina 10.15.7 hit the pan, this free resource is helpful.

• Go64 ~ Check Your Apps and Prepare for a 64-bit World | stclairsoft

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/index.html

"A fast, free way to get a comprehensive look at your 64-bit app

compatibility & avoid surprises before installing macOS Catalina."

~ macworld / editors choice

"Quickly scan your disk for applications, see which ones are

32-bit, and find upgrade information with the click of a button.

Go64 makes it easy to plan for the future."

Helps to read remainder of fine print in bottom of Go64 page:

How do I find the 32-bit apps on my system?

Apple's support article explains how to use the built-in macOS

System Report to identify 32-bit apps on your system..

~ continued..

I need to use my 32 bit apps on my MacBook Pro 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.