Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare before sełling my iPad

Hi,

I am planning to sell my iPad Pro 11 (2018) and upgrade to an upcoming Mini in the months ahead. Bought with AppleCare.

I took care of my device but life happens and I got one tiny scratch on the screen and 2 small bumps on the chassis.

In this case, can I just send it over to Apple for it to get fixed so I can sell it looking fresh and clean or not? That's my first Apple device and the first one I'm planning to sell, so I'm curious if AppleCare is of any use here.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 9:06 AM

If you have an active AppleCare+ plan, you may be able to exchange your damaged iPad for a reconditioned iPad of the same model and specification. As AppleCare+ is an insurance product, there will be an small deductible/excess charge to pay.

If you did not elect to pay for AppleCare+, or your cover has lapsed, if an exchange is offered the cost will be much higher. An Out of Warranty exchange will cost c.60% of the “as new” iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 9:06 AM in response to eryk192

If you have an active AppleCare+ plan, you may be able to exchange your damaged iPad for a reconditioned iPad of the same model and specification. As AppleCare+ is an insurance product, there will be an small deductible/excess charge to pay.

If you did not elect to pay for AppleCare+, or your cover has lapsed, if an exchange is offered the cost will be much higher. An Out of Warranty exchange will cost c.60% of the “as new” iPad.

AppleCare before sełling my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.