Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing and installing Logic Pro on El Capitan (OS 10.11.6)

I want to install Logic Pro on my desktop, which is an old iMac (early 2008) running El Capitan (10.11.6). El Capitan is the highest release my iMac can support. I believe Logic Pro 10.3.3 is the highest level compatible with my system. I don't plan to buy a new desktop in the near future.

I also want to enable family sharing with my daughter so that she can also use Logic Pro. She has a MacBook which she plans to upgrade today from Mojave to Big Sur. El Capitan does not seem to support the option in system preferences to set up family sharing.

I have several related questions.

1. Can I set up family sharing for the iMac and my daughter's laptop from my iPhone?
  2. What is the best way to download Logic Pro 10.3.3 to my desktop?
  3. Can my daughter download a current release to her laptop or does family sharing only allow a single version to be shared?

If it's useful to know, my wife has a MacBook Air running Mojave (10.14.6), although it won't be available to me for running Logic Pro.

Thanks very much for your help.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 7:32 PM

Hey there,

1. Can I set up family sharing for the iMac and my daughter's laptop from my iPhone?

Yes - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088

1. What is the best way to download Logic Pro 10.3.3 to my desktop?
  • The App Store STORE>VIEW MY ACCOUNT

1. Can my daughter download a current release to her laptop or does family sharing only allow a single version to be shared?
  • Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store purchases, Apple subscriptions, an iCloud storage plan, and more—all without sharing an Apple ID. You can set up an Apple ID for kids, set permissions remotely with Screen Time, and approve spending and downloads from a parent's device with Ask to Buy. You can also set up Apple Cash for a child or teen, or set them up with an Apple Watch. Learn more about what you can do with Family Sharing

Eddie G.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 7:32 PM in response to pdblues

Hey there,

Yes - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088

1. What is the best way to download Logic Pro 10.3.3 to my desktop?
  • The App Store STORE>VIEW MY ACCOUNT

1. Can my daughter download a current release to her laptop or does family sharing only allow a single version to be shared?
  • Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store purchases, Apple subscriptions, an iCloud storage plan, and more—all without sharing an Apple ID. You can set up an Apple ID for kids, set permissions remotely with Screen Time, and approve spending and downloads from a parent's device with Ask to Buy. You can also set up Apple Cash for a child or teen, or set them up with an Apple Watch. Learn more about what you can do with Family Sharing

Eddie G.

Family sharing and installing Logic Pro on El Capitan (OS 10.11.6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.