Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Mac Mini very slow keyboard response and time to wake up

Hi,

Recently got new M1 Mac Mini 8Gb memory and 500GB storage. I use Apple keyboard and mouse along with an Acer monitor. OS version is 11.2.2. It has always taken a ludicrous amount of time to wake up and now it has added really slow character response from the keyboard. Does anyone have any ideas. I thought after Tim's M1 presentation last fall that wake up would be virtually instantaneous. As for the keyboard issue I always have to restart the machine. Are these issues waiting on an OS fix or is there something wrong that would require a return/exchange??

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 2:56 PM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2021 12:07 PM in response to DataTek7

Hello DataTek7,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, when you wake your M1 Mac Mini it is slow to wake from sleep and the keyboard is also really slow to respond. We're happy to help!

Have you tried doing an SMC reset?

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

We also recommend starting in safe mode. Sometimes just starting in this mode and then restarting normally can resolve issues like this: How to use safe mode on your Mac

If you're still having issues we recommend contacting Apple Support directly.

Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

M1 Mac Mini very slow keyboard response and time to wake up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.