Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Line at bottom of screen

Hi i know this may sound a silly question but is there any way you can get rid of the black or white horizontal line that appears at the bottom of the iphone 12 screen when you have pages open? I know you have to swipe up to come off a page so i don't need a line at the bottom of the screen too lol

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 12:00 PM

Hi, foru2b!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're trying to get rid of the line on the bottom of your iPhone 12 screen. This bar is meant to indicate where the bottom of your screen is since there is no Home Button. It is normal and is a feature of the iPhone. At this time, there is not a setting to remove the line since it allows users to swipe and close the screen.

You're welcome to check out this link for Product Feedback to submit feedback directly to Apple for features you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks for the question and have a wonderul day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2021 12:00 PM in response to foru2b

Hi, foru2b!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're trying to get rid of the line on the bottom of your iPhone 12 screen. This bar is meant to indicate where the bottom of your screen is since there is no Home Button. It is normal and is a feature of the iPhone. At this time, there is not a setting to remove the line since it allows users to swipe and close the screen.

You're welcome to check out this link for Product Feedback to submit feedback directly to Apple for features you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks for the question and have a wonderul day!

Line at bottom of screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.