Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bridge Data Privacy in AppStore

Dear Sirs, I just learnt I can only hide but never completely delete any app I have purchased. In order to protect my privacy and in order not  to make myself vulnerable I need to know how I can ultimately delete a wrong app download and delete it out of my history. I don’t want apple or anyone to know and to record that I have once in my life downloaded those apps. Hiding is no option Thank you for guiding me how to do this Best regards 

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 7:22 PM

avnet1708 wrote:

I just learnt I can only hide but never completely delete any app I have purchased.

This is correct.

In order to protect my privacy and in order not  to make myself vulnerable I need to know how I can ultimately delete a wrong app download and delete it out of my history. I don’t want apple or anyone to know and to record that I have once in my life downloaded those apps. Hiding is no option Thank you for guiding me how to do this Best regards 

Apple is always going to keep records of what you purchased from them. To prevent anyone else from seeing what you purchased, don't share your Apple ID and keep your devices locked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 7:22 PM in response to avnet1708

avnet1708 wrote:

I just learnt I can only hide but never completely delete any app I have purchased.

This is correct.

In order to protect my privacy and in order not  to make myself vulnerable I need to know how I can ultimately delete a wrong app download and delete it out of my history. I don’t want apple or anyone to know and to record that I have once in my life downloaded those apps. Hiding is no option Thank you for guiding me how to do this Best regards 

Apple is always going to keep records of what you purchased from them. To prevent anyone else from seeing what you purchased, don't share your Apple ID and keep your devices locked.

Bridge Data Privacy in AppStore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.