Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to hide photos from your library but have them visible in their own album??

I do a lot of animation with images that are slightly different the problem is they fill up my library so it becomes overwhelmed with say 300 of the same image. Then its difficult to find my snapshots or requires a lot of scrolling.

can I just hide photos from my library after putting them in their own album??

iMac Pro

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 10:14 PM

You can, but you have to use a smart album.

Select all the images. Give them all a keyword (Eg "animation001"). Then hide them.

Now create a new smart album (eg called "animation001, but it doesn't have to be the same as the keyword) with the condition:

keyword - is - animation001

photo - is - hidden

Make sure match is "all"

Like this:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 10:14 PM in response to jomang

You can, but you have to use a smart album.

Select all the images. Give them all a keyword (Eg "animation001"). Then hide them.

Now create a new smart album (eg called "animation001, but it doesn't have to be the same as the keyword) with the condition:

keyword - is - animation001

photo - is - hidden

Make sure match is "all"

Like this:

Is it possible to hide photos from your library but have them visible in their own album??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.