Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync Windows 10 Outlook Contacts and Calendars

My iPhone X is on iOS 14.4 and Windows 10 is up to date.

I had three accounts managed by Outlook 2019:

• Exchange (my client)
  • Office 365 (my computer club)
  • Outlook (on my desktop) - the one that matters

I noticed that my phone was not up to date with some recent appointments, so I used iTunes to force a sync (Info > Advanced > Replace information on this iPhone.

To my horror, my contacts and appoints vanished from my phone and were replaced by a handful of names and calendar entries from the Exchange account (my client's staff names). So I removed that account from Outlook. No amount of syncing was removing those names from my phone, so I deleted them one by one on my phone. Powered it down and restarted. Ditto powered down and restarted the desktop. Removed and reinstalled iTunes.

Now when I sync, my own Outlook data does not get to the phone. It has no contacts and only the public holidays are on it.

I don't use iCloud, so that is out of the picture. My phone is only backed up to my desktop.

What should I do?

Added: I checked the tip in this thread but it did not work. I had a later driver, but after deleting it, the one that was loaded was the one he mentions, a "423" number.

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 9:20 PM

SOLVED.

This was the issue. The Outlook data file gets pointed to every new account that you add, hence it had pointed to my latest addition (client's account). To fix it, in Outlook I went to File > Account Settings > Data Files then selected the original data file and made it the default. In iTunes I forced an update to my phone via Info > Advanced > Replace. It took two goes to do the job. The first time only the Calendar was synced (took a long time). Second time the Contacts were synced.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 9:20 PM in response to crm911

SOLVED.

This was the issue. The Outlook data file gets pointed to every new account that you add, hence it had pointed to my latest addition (client's account). To fix it, in Outlook I went to File > Account Settings > Data Files then selected the original data file and made it the default. In iTunes I forced an update to my phone via Info > Advanced > Replace. It took two goes to do the job. The first time only the Calendar was synced (took a long time). Second time the Contacts were synced.

Mar 4, 2021 2:20 PM in response to Smita Desai

But I wrote above how I fixed it. When you add a second or subsequent account to Outlook, the latest one is treated as the default for Calendar and Contacts, so iTunes will copy that data to your phone. Once I pointed Outlook to my original (personal) data file, iTunes worked as desired.

I don't know what you meant by "total replace of calendar". What I did was to replace the "wrong" calendar and contacts data with mine.

Cannot sync Windows 10 Outlook Contacts and Calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.