Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech HD1080P Big Sur Issue

After upgrading my MacBook Pro to Big Sur OS 11.2.1 my Logitech HD 1080P lights ups indicating it is receiving power but it is not detected. Enough said I can't understand how Apple's own developers continue to miss these issues.

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 11:39 PM

apple don't make the drivers for third party hardware in this case logitech does, if they send their device drivers for apple in time for a release apple will test and include them if not and the older drives does not work one has to

1. wait for logitech to make a driver
  2. or switch to a new hardware platform which has drivers
  3. downgrade to a os version which has working drivers

my first step would be to see if logitech has since updated their drivers

Software – Logitech Support + Download

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 11:39 PM in response to petestern

apple don't make the drivers for third party hardware in this case logitech does, if they send their device drivers for apple in time for a release apple will test and include them if not and the older drives does not work one has to

1. wait for logitech to make a driver
  2. or switch to a new hardware platform which has drivers
  3. downgrade to a os version which has working drivers

my first step would be to see if logitech has since updated their drivers

Software – Logitech Support + Download

Logitech HD1080P Big Sur Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.