Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-fi data economy

Hi there!

Haven’t found anywhere about this matter:

my husband is a seafarer and the internet on board is very expensive,the internet connection is provided with the wi-fi router.

All programs that can upload or download data in background mode are switched off. Nevertheless the megabytes flow away in indefinite direction.

Is there any way to solve this problem of undetermined disappearance of megabytes in wi-fi mode?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 12:48 AM

In Settings Wifi next to the Wifi network connection is an i in a circle. Join the network if not already

Tap on it and select Low Data mode. You can also set the network not to auto-join.

It will not stop everything, he may have to turn off background refresh in all apps settings, (e.g. Settings, Whatsapp, Background App Refresh, Off) set mail fetch to manual, delete any apps not strictly necessary etc.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 12:48 AM in response to KateVystavkina

In Settings Wifi next to the Wifi network connection is an i in a circle. Join the network if not already

Tap on it and select Low Data mode. You can also set the network not to auto-join.

It will not stop everything, he may have to turn off background refresh in all apps settings, (e.g. Settings, Whatsapp, Background App Refresh, Off) set mail fetch to manual, delete any apps not strictly necessary etc.

Wi-fi data economy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.