Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing music into iTunes from Windows10

I am trying to import my music library into iTunes from an expansion drive created on Windows 10. The music is in several folders. I have two problems:

1. There are 2 folders that are not recognised at all when I start the ‘import’ command;
  2. All the other folders start to copy but do not complete, leaving me perplexed as to what has not copied successfully.

Each of the folders has less than 150 artists in them.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 4:13 AM

It may be easier to copy the content from external drive into the Automatically Add to Music folder inside your media folder. All of the content that Music knows how to process will be added to the library, anything it cannot handle will be moved into a Not Added folder. You can sort the Songs view of the library by Date Added to make it easy to select what you've already imported and delete that so you don't introduce duplicates.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 4:13 AM in response to PhilHague

It may be easier to copy the content from external drive into the Automatically Add to Music folder inside your media folder. All of the content that Music knows how to process will be added to the library, anything it cannot handle will be moved into a Not Added folder. You can sort the Songs view of the library by Date Added to make it easy to select what you've already imported and delete that so you don't introduce duplicates.

tt2

Importing music into iTunes from Windows10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.