Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable NFC on iPhone 12 Pro Max?

Hi,

Can please help me how to enable NFC? cos I am using NFC for my travel fee and other payments.

thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 3:43 AM

Hi there,

It depends what you mean by enabling NFC.

iPhone 12 Pro max does have NFC And is compatible with Apple Pay if this is what you mean because apple pay is the only way you can use the NFC Chip in the iPhone to make payments con-tactlessly.

If this is the case just open the wallet app and add a card.

Set up Apple Pay – Apple Support

But if you are referring to just being able to read NFC Tags as far as I am aware (haven't tried it myself) you can just hold the iPhone to a NFC Chip on the Home-screen. I know theres a control centre button somewhere but I cant remember where I have seen it.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 3:43 AM in response to Yoni04

Hi there,

It depends what you mean by enabling NFC.

iPhone 12 Pro max does have NFC And is compatible with Apple Pay if this is what you mean because apple pay is the only way you can use the NFC Chip in the iPhone to make payments con-tactlessly.

If this is the case just open the wallet app and add a card.

Set up Apple Pay – Apple Support

But if you are referring to just being able to read NFC Tags as far as I am aware (haven't tried it myself) you can just hold the iPhone to a NFC Chip on the Home-screen. I know theres a control centre button somewhere but I cant remember where I have seen it.

Hope this helps!

How to enable NFC on iPhone 12 Pro Max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.