Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playstation 4 controller won’t vibrate on iPad Pro

Hi all,

Connected PlayStation 4 Duallschock controller on iPad Pro.

Controller works fine but doesn’t vibrate when gaming. This is a less gaming experience.

In iPad settings (General -> Gamecontroll) it’s possible to activate generall “Haptic feedback” or activitate this for only compatible games. It is even possible to test Hapticfeedback, and this works! While testing, the controller vibrate!

So with different haptic setting available on the iPad, and even a test option, you would think that haptic feedback has to work while gaming. I have all the haptic feedback options selected.

Does anybody know why haptic feedback/vibrate doesn’t work while gaming? Is there a way to activate vibration?

_Raphael

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 6:00 AM

2 replies

Mar 5, 2021 12:03 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hello Chuck_3rd,

First of all, I’m new to this community, so thank you for your reply.

According the iPad general gamecontroller settings, and also supported game settings, the haptic feedback should work.

See screenshots from my iPad for supported game. (Dutch language, I’m from the Netherlands)

It’s a good idea to ask my question at the game developer, so thank you for the tip.

I’m started to think Apple does support the haptic feedback (since it works while testing), but PlayStation doesn’t support.

If this is correct, it’s confusing if you look at the screenshots.

I will let you know if I have more news.

Ciao,

_Raphael

Mar 3, 2021 8:07 PM in response to _Raphael

Hi _Raphael,

It seems you had a question about controller haptics and we want to help.

Since the haptic feedback is working in the testing settings, it's possible the game you're using doesn't support vibration.

What is the game you're playing?

Have you asked the developer about the issue?

Contact the developer here:

How to contact an app developer

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Playstation 4 controller won’t vibrate on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.