Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I backed up my 11" ipad pro (1st gen) to my computer via finder, when my new 12.9 ipad pro arrived, i chose restore from back up, but all my apps are gone? what happened?

I backed up my 11" ipad pro (1st gen) to my computer via finder, when my new 12.9 ipad pro arrived, i chose restore from back up, but all my apps are gone? what happened?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 6:57 AM

Apps themselves are not backed-up to iTunes or iCloud backup. Instead, you can simply download again from the App Store to your replacement iPad.

You must be signed-in to the App Store using the same AppleID as used to originally purchase the Apps - or an AppleID with which Apps have been shared using Family Sharing.

Purchased Apps are permanently to the AppleID from which they were purchased.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 6:57 AM in response to Mickip

Apps themselves are not backed-up to iTunes or iCloud backup. Instead, you can simply download again from the App Store to your replacement iPad.

You must be signed-in to the App Store using the same AppleID as used to originally purchase the Apps - or an AppleID with which Apps have been shared using Family Sharing.

Purchased Apps are permanently to the AppleID from which they were purchased.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.