Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add Google account to iPhone 7 iOS 14.3

I had the problem that my linked Google Calendar has been giving me a password error message and hasn't been syncing. It wouldn't accept the correct password and I tried a lot of trouble shooting steps and nothing worked. I finally deleted to the account to try to reset it and now it won't add the Google account to my phone at all.

I go to Accounts > add account > Google > I add my username and password > It is spinning shortly on all the Gmail account options > then goes back to the last of add account options

I allowed less secure apps in the Google settings.

Turn 2 factor verification on and off.

Deleted all experimental features in Safari. (I am able to log into my Google account in Safari just fine.)

I tried the https://accounts.google.com/UnlockCaptcha link.

This Google account is actually not a gmail account, but a msn.com email.

I really need my calendar back... any other suggestions?

Hannah

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 12:52 PM

I tested my other Google account that is an actual gmail address and I was able to add it just fine, so there seems to be a change for non gmail Google accounts... but I found a workaround here:

https://support.google.com/calendar/thread/59154576?hl=en

"Hooray! Finally I was able to add  my Google Calendar (non-Gmail nor Gsuite accounts) into my iPhone calendar app via CalDav so I can two way sync my appointments. If you have a Google account with an email that is not Gmail and don't have Gsuite what you need to do is:

- Add 2-Step Verification on your Google account

- use and create an  app password instead of your regular password.

- Go to your iPhone to Passwords & Accounts > Add Account > Other > Add CalDAV Account

- When prompted use www.google.com as the Server 

- User name: your email linked to you Google account

- Password: Use the one created specifically for this app (see step two above)

- Description: whatever you want."

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 12:52 PM in response to hannahgrace77

I tested my other Google account that is an actual gmail address and I was able to add it just fine, so there seems to be a change for non gmail Google accounts... but I found a workaround here:

https://support.google.com/calendar/thread/59154576?hl=en

"Hooray! Finally I was able to add  my Google Calendar (non-Gmail nor Gsuite accounts) into my iPhone calendar app via CalDav so I can two way sync my appointments. If you have a Google account with an email that is not Gmail and don't have Gsuite what you need to do is:

- Add 2-Step Verification on your Google account

- use and create an  app password instead of your regular password.

- Go to your iPhone to Passwords & Accounts > Add Account > Other > Add CalDAV Account

- When prompted use www.google.com as the Server 

- User name: your email linked to you Google account

- Password: Use the one created specifically for this app (see step two above)

- Description: whatever you want."

Unable to add Google account to iPhone 7 iOS 14.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.