Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing song info on iPhone

I often want to change the information for my songs (genre, artist, rating, etc.) on songs in my collection when I’m not at home, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to do so. Is there something I’m missing, or is there really no option to do so? I can’t see any good reason there wouldn’t be, so I’m a little confused.

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 12:00 PM

I doubt you are missing anything. The only "good reason I can think of is to keep things simple on the iPhone. If you use a computer to sync your music library to your iPhone, you should be able to edit them there.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Change song and CD information in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Change song and CD information in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 12:00 PM in response to Neokhan

I doubt you are missing anything. The only "good reason I can think of is to keep things simple on the iPhone. If you use a computer to sync your music library to your iPhone, you should be able to edit them there.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Change song and CD information in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Change song and CD information in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Editing song info on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.