Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini M1: flickering vertical lines on different shades of gray

Hello everyone,

I bought a Mac mini M1 a few weeks ago and I have had problems with the colors it displays on the monitors. Initially, I connected it to a LG 24MP59G-P monitor and it showed some faint vertical lines in shades of gray, despite being light or very dark shades, it is way too notorious in the windows' frame when enabling dark mode; I thought it was the monitor, so I decided to connect it to a Samsung LF24T350FHLXZX, but got the same results. Finally, I connected it to an ASUS PA248QV, but with no positive results. Now I am convinced that it is a problem with the Mac mini, since trying all the possible solutions: changing the cable, restarting the devices, changing the monitor settings, etc., the shades of gray still have those vertical blurry lines. Has anyone been experiencing the same problems? and if so, have you managed to get rid of them from any solution?

Thanks in advance for your help

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 10:25 PM

I see the same issue when displaying special (dark content) in combination with special dark background images. But only with my default 4K Samsung display connected with HDMI. I also have a 24“ Samsung 1080p display, which does not show this issue. Today I also get a USB-C to DP adapter to try if the issue also exists connected with that.

Btw. There is already a big other thread which is discussing this issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252106534

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2021 10:25 PM in response to giohunte

I see the same issue when displaying special (dark content) in combination with special dark background images. But only with my default 4K Samsung display connected with HDMI. I also have a 24“ Samsung 1080p display, which does not show this issue. Today I also get a USB-C to DP adapter to try if the issue also exists connected with that.

Btw. There is already a big other thread which is discussing this issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252106534

Mar 2, 2021 3:05 PM in response to giohunte

Have you tried using different video ports to see if this problem is with the Mini ?

The M1` has HDMI and TB3/USB-C.

Try connecting direct without an adapter to one of your displays testing both types.

My M1 Mini, I use both outputs for 2 displays (HDMI 4K display direct cable + TB3-TB2 adapter to 27" Apple Thunderbolt display).

Mac mini M1: flickering vertical lines on different shades of gray

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.