Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clean Mac Os X Install

I have 4 hard drives in my 2008 Mac Pro and I want to install another Mac OS X 10.11.6 onto one of the other hard drives that is blank. How do I accomplish this?

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 8:20 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 2, 2021 11:08 PM in response to Niel

The one I downloaded was from the portion of the page paste below. According to the direction I am supposed to use the install app that was put in the Applications folder and when I did, it still did not install the OS X onto the blank hard drive.

Download macOS

It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you're plugged into AC power and have a reliable internet connection.

Safari uses these links to find the old installers in the App Store. After downloading from the App Store, the installer opens automatically.

Safari downloads the following older installers as a disk image named InstallOS.dmg or InstallMacOSX.dmg. Open the disk image, then open the .pkg installer inside the disk image. It installs an app named Install [Version Name]. Open that app from your Applications folder to begin installing the operating system.

Clean Mac Os X Install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.