Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My podcast has completely vanished from Apple Podcasts

I've been running the GoNintendo podcast for over 15 years, and it's been on iTunes for almost as long. That's why I was so surprised to see the podcast completely gone from Apple Podcasts as of yesterday.

I had some listeners reach out to say that they couldn't access the show at all, so I jumped over to Apple Podcasts to see what was up. The links to the podcast in Google all come up blank. Searching GoNintendo Podcast in Apple Podcasts doesn't bring up anything. I haven't received any emails about an issue, any warnings about a problem, or any other indicator of what happened. The podcast is just completely gone.

When I go into Podcasts Connect, there's nothing there to indicate the GoNintendo Podcast was ever there. The only way I can find out is by trying to add the podcast's feed as a new feed, and then I get a message saying that feed has already been added. There are no other errors given at all. Podcast artwork is fine, feed has all the info it needs, and so on. Literally the only error is the one saying my feed can't be added again because it was already used once.

I also have another old podcast that I used to do that is set up the same way as my main podcast. According to Podcasts Connect, that feed remains active and is perfectly fine. I only bring this up to point out that there's nothing wrong with the settings/backend for the GoNintendo Podcast, as again, the two are set up in exactly the same way. I also didn't change any settings/names/anything at all recently.

I've reached out to Apple for help, but I'm worried they won't have any response that'll actually bring things back. Can anyone here offer any insight? I'd be unbelievably depressed if this hiccup has caused my show to disappear forever.

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 9:58 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 2, 2021 11:37 PM in response to GoNintendoRMC

I have no way of knowing what's going on; it sounds as if your podcast has been removed. this normally happens because of a violation of the content requirements, or if the feed has been unavailable. Have you tried the URL of your Store page (that you were given in the initial acceptance email)? - though it you can't find it in Podcasts Connect that's probably not going to be any different.

You may have to re-submit with a slightly different name and feed . but you might get some assistance from Support - make sure you use t4he correct contact. Go to https://itunespartner.apple.com/en/podcasts/overview and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Mar 2, 2021 11:43 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

First off, thanks for the reply.

I've reviewed the content requirements a few times now, and I don't see anything that would cause issue. Again, we've been going for 811 episodes now without missing a week. While we cover different news every week, the format of the show has largely remained the same. We do have some harsh language or adult topics from time to time, but the show is marked explicit, and there's never been any issues at all.

I sent an email through that link earlier yesterday, so hopefully I'll hear back sometime soon.

So disheartening to see that the show could disappear without any explanation, warning, or request for action.

My podcast has completely vanished from Apple Podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.