Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to see content from my external hard disk !!!

unable to see content from my external hard disk, though content is visible on my other MacBook Air which is to be connected through USB Only...

not even able to connect my DSLR using type-C also.

Bought this MacBook Air M1 few days ago

kindly help.

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 7:10 PM

Hi there, diink9,

Congratulations on your new MacBook Air! We see you have questions related to connecting external devices, but haven't gotten a response just yet. Providing some additional information may help others in the community get you to a solution. Try answering the following questions:

1. Does the computer recognized the external drive and DSLR camera and just not display content, OR
  2. Does the computer not recognize a device is connected at all?
  3. Do you get any error messages? If so, what exactly do they say? Please don't paraphrase.

Best.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2021 7:10 PM in response to diink9

Hi there, diink9,

Congratulations on your new MacBook Air! We see you have questions related to connecting external devices, but haven't gotten a response just yet. Providing some additional information may help others in the community get you to a solution. Try answering the following questions:

1. Does the computer recognized the external drive and DSLR camera and just not display content, OR
  2. Does the computer not recognize a device is connected at all?
  3. Do you get any error messages? If so, what exactly do they say? Please don't paraphrase.

Best.

Mar 7, 2021 11:20 AM in response to diink9

Thanks for answering those questions, diink9!

Based on the additional information, we would recommend seeing if the issue occurs in safe mode next: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

Should you still be unable to connect your device(s) and see the content on them, please get in touch with Apple Support directly: Get Support.

Have a lovely day!

Mar 5, 2021 1:20 AM in response to Lindsay_B.

Hello,

computer recognised the external hard disk but no data is showing there though it has data in it , I have checked data while connecting to other MacBook Air which runs on intel processor but not on M1 CHIP.

As far as DSLR is concerned its not showing connected on computer.

I have used Type -C for both. Moreover even my Samsung A80 is not connecting. Just for your info I have tried various Type-C also.

Thanks

unable to see content from my external hard disk !!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.