Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime shows only missed calls on macbook air (M1) while the iPhone is ringing

Hello,

I have a problem with Facetime on my new macbook air. When I call from macbook everything works well. But when somebody is calling me, only iPhone is ringing. The macbook shows missed call.

I try to logout from Facetime on macbook. I also try to enable and disable all settings in notification centre for facetime, but nothing helps. I also try to restart, but still with the same result.

Thank you for support.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 6:34 AM

10 replies

Mar 5, 2021 11:17 AM in response to JanoSima

JanoSima,

Thanks for getting back to us. We may be misunderstanding the exact issue. Are you answering the call on the iPhone? If that's the case, seeing missed call on the Mac may be expected.

Also be sure this Continuity feature is set up correctly: Make and receive calls on your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch.

You can even try testing for the same result inside a new user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Have a fantastic day!

Mar 5, 2021 11:30 AM in response to MichaelB2019

Hello MichaelB2019,

I did the test... I try to call from my wife to myself. Before the iPhone was ringing on the macbook I have seen missed call immediately (the iPhone was ringing 2-3sec later).

I expect the correct behavior is when the call is answered on iPhone then the missed call appear on macbook FaceTime.

I will do the test on Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and let you know.

Mar 5, 2021 1:19 PM in response to JanoSima

JanoSima,

Thanks for trying that. This has isolated the issue to your user account.

Let's see if a piece of third-party software is causing some kind of interference. Try booting into safe mode and testing once more:

"Start up a Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.
  2. After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.
  3. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until the startup options window appears showing available startup disks and Options.
  4. Select a startup disk.
  5. Press and hold the Shift key, click Continue in Safe Mode, then release the Shift key."

Let us know what happens,

Cheers,

Mar 5, 2021 7:08 AM in response to MichaelB2019

Hi MichaelB2019,

Yes, i have both the email and phone number in my FaceTime and iMessage. Before the FaceTime was working without any problem on my old macbook pro. But since I have a new Macbook Air (M1) the FaceTime is not working. Only as I described above - the missed call I can see.

Is there something else I can try?

Have a nice day.

facetime shows only missed calls on macbook air (M1) while the iPhone is ringing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.