Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t my iPad Air 2 update its software?

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 8:26 AM

If you have an iPad Air2, you should be able to update to iPadOS 14.4 - this being the current version. If instead you have an iPad Air1, update beyond iOS 12.5.1 will not be possible.

Not sure which iPad you have? Identify your iPad model.

If your iPad is capable of being updated to a more recent version of iOS/iPadOS than is currently installed, these support pages outline both the available methods by which the update can be performed - and troubleshooting should you experience difficulties:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2021 8:26 AM in response to Lvfilms

If you have an iPad Air2, you should be able to update to iPadOS 14.4 - this being the current version. If instead you have an iPad Air1, update beyond iOS 12.5.1 will not be possible.

Not sure which iPad you have? Identify your iPad model.

If your iPad is capable of being updated to a more recent version of iOS/iPadOS than is currently installed, these support pages outline both the available methods by which the update can be performed - and troubleshooting should you experience difficulties:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.