Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone virus

My iPhone continues to say I have a virus almost hourly. I updated my McAfee and it says there is no virus. How do I get the notifications to stop?

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 10:18 AM

First of all, get rid of McAfee. iOS is a locked down, sandboxed system. It's literally impossible for malware to attack anything on an iOS device. The only place AV software can search is itself.

Most likely, you accidentally tapped on a link that installed a rogue calendar, which is set up with hundreds of "alerts".

iPhone/iPad with iOS13 and earlier: Settings > Passwords and Accounts

iPhone/iPad with iOS14: Settings > Calendar > Accounts

Look for a calendar subscription you don't recognize. Tap the unknown calendar and choose to delete it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2021 10:18 AM in response to CaboMarci

First of all, get rid of McAfee. iOS is a locked down, sandboxed system. It's literally impossible for malware to attack anything on an iOS device. The only place AV software can search is itself.

Most likely, you accidentally tapped on a link that installed a rogue calendar, which is set up with hundreds of "alerts".

iPhone/iPad with iOS13 and earlier: Settings > Passwords and Accounts

iPhone/iPad with iOS14: Settings > Calendar > Accounts

Look for a calendar subscription you don't recognize. Tap the unknown calendar and choose to delete it.

iPhone virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.