Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer (not share) photos due to death of user

My wife has passed away. Is there a way to transfer photos from her Apple ID (her email) to mine so I can then delete her email account?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 1:18 PM

Hello Wild Duck,

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts --> https://support.apple.com/HT208510

5 replies

Mar 3, 2021 2:19 PM in response to Wild Duck

I presume you would log into iCloud and hope they are there. I don't know the details since I have never needed that service (fortunately!). Her Apple ID is easy since it was likely just her regular email address. Apple can probably reset the password and provide you with that. At least that's the way the IT department at the place I worked did it if you forgot a password.

You can log into her account in iCloud and use the Photos app on there to view any photos she had in iCloud. There is also a tool on there to download photos to your computer.

I think any photos she only had on a mobile device may be lost. At least that is my understanding from the article.

How to transfer (not share) photos due to death of user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.