Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

being scammed

I received a call from what looked like Apple, saying my icloud account had been compromised. I installed an app called "any desk" on my phone but after talking to them for a bit and then being told I needed to buy security cards from CVS for $400 I disconnected the call and removed the app. I changed my passwords while I had that app on my phone. Do I need to do anything else? Could they have gotten any other info off my phone?

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 4:38 PM

Greetings, kimos2010.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. Removing the app and disconnecting the call were both great things to do, but we can understand why you’d want to ensure your security.

At any point, did you provide your Apple ID or password? If so, check out these steps: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

We hope this helps! Don’t hessite to reach out if you have any questions.

Sincerely. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2021 4:38 PM in response to kimos2010

Greetings, kimos2010.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. Removing the app and disconnecting the call were both great things to do, but we can understand why you’d want to ensure your security.

At any point, did you provide your Apple ID or password? If so, check out these steps: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

We hope this helps! Don’t hessite to reach out if you have any questions.

Sincerely. 

being scammed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.