Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone Keeps Ringing in Silent Mode

I’ve seen several threads about this. My iPhone 11 with current update keeps randomly ringing in Silent Mode. I have the switch turned to silent. Even have sound turned down in the Sounds & Haptics settings. These are not people set as emergency contacts. And they are not people set as favorites. It is random and even when the same person calls, sometimes it will ring with volume and sometimes it won’t. My work requires my phone to be silent so desperate to figure out what is going on.

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 11:49 PM

Highlandmyst wrote:

These are not people set as emergency contacts. And they are not people set as favorites.
  • Allow Calls From: Can be set to --> Allow calls from every one, no one, your favourites, or specific contact groups stored on your device or iCloud.
  • Repeated Calls: If someone calls you twice within three minutes, the second call isn't silenced.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2021 11:49 PM in response to Highlandmyst

Highlandmyst wrote:

These are not people set as emergency contacts. And they are not people set as favorites.
  • Allow Calls From: Can be set to --> Allow calls from every one, no one, your favourites, or specific contact groups stored on your device or iCloud.
  • Repeated Calls: If someone calls you twice within three minutes, the second call isn't silenced.

IPhone Keeps Ringing in Silent Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.