Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting a set up your Apple Watch message on my iPhone even though my watch is already paired

Suddenly today out f the blue I keep getting a “set up your Apple Watch” message on my iPhone every time I pick it up even though my watch has been paired for a year... how can I stop this? I already tried unpairing and repairing ... no change.

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 1:14 AM

Try to connect your Apple Watch and iPhone again

Keep your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together to make sure that they're in range. On your iPhone, make sure that Airplane Mode is off and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on. ... Open Control Center, then turn off Airplane Mode. Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2021 1:14 AM in response to Nanthorpe2

Try to connect your Apple Watch and iPhone again

Keep your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together to make sure that they're in range. On your iPhone, make sure that Airplane Mode is off and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on. ... Open Control Center, then turn off Airplane Mode. Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone ...

I keep getting a set up your Apple Watch message on my iPhone even though my watch is already paired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.