Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad when check on apple support said Purchase Date: April 1, 1978

Hi, when I check on mysupport.apple.com, I see that my device Purchase Date is April 1, 1978. Is this abnormal?

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 6:05 AM

Well, the date shown is clearly incorrect - which is unlikely to be disputed by Apple. Unless you have immediate reason to be concerned, you might just choose to ignore the problem.

In the event of ever having to make a warranty claim, you would always be well advised to ensure that your original purchase receipt/invoice is available to prove device ownership and/or warranty entitlement.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2021 6:05 AM in response to myipad1978

Well, the date shown is clearly incorrect - which is unlikely to be disputed by Apple. Unless you have immediate reason to be concerned, you might just choose to ignore the problem.

In the event of ever having to make a warranty claim, you would always be well advised to ensure that your original purchase receipt/invoice is available to prove device ownership and/or warranty entitlement.

My iPad when check on apple support said Purchase Date: April 1, 1978

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.