Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts Duplicated

I recently did an upgrade on my Mac Book and after the update all of my contacts on my iPhone 11 are duplicated at least 10 times. I'm not sure how to delete all of the duplicates.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 1:43 AM

You need to decide which email account you intend to store your contacts in and sign into it on the Mac in Safari and check the status of the contacts there. Are there duplicates there? if so you will have to edit them, probably by exporting to a file and sorting. Hopefully the duplicates do not exist there as that is a pain.

Then in both Mac and iphone ensure that only that account is turned on (green) for Contacts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2021 1:43 AM in response to anabetty

You need to decide which email account you intend to store your contacts in and sign into it on the Mac in Safari and check the status of the contacts there. Are there duplicates there? if so you will have to edit them, probably by exporting to a file and sorting. Hopefully the duplicates do not exist there as that is a pain.

Then in both Mac and iphone ensure that only that account is turned on (green) for Contacts.

Contacts Duplicated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.