Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch

Why won’t my Apple ID work for setting up my Apple Watch, it says that it’s incorrect but I know it’s the right Apple ID (I checked)

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 8:17 PM

Did you buy this watch used? And is this the first time you have tried to set it up? If so, you ran into Activation Lock which is an anti-theft feature that only the previous owner can reset. If he previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock then the watch is useless to you or anyone else. Try to get a refund or dispose of the watch properly. For more info, see:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If you are the original owner, then see the 'Unlock in person' and 'Start a support request' sections in:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2021 8:17 PM in response to eagle0406

Did you buy this watch used? And is this the first time you have tried to set it up? If so, you ran into Activation Lock which is an anti-theft feature that only the previous owner can reset. If he previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock then the watch is useless to you or anyone else. Try to get a refund or dispose of the watch properly. For more info, see:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If you are the original owner, then see the 'Unlock in person' and 'Start a support request' sections in:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.