Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV app screen is zoomed too much on my Samsung tv

How do I make my Apple TV App screen the correct size for my Samsung tv?

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 9:43 AM

• Your TV may have a zoom function – but I presume you would have noticed that with other inputs.
  • Apple TV has a ‘overscan’ zoom function (that would be up to ~4%, not that much). It would be off by default, and I haven’t seen digital 16:9 content that could warrant changing this.
  • Apple TV has an accessibility zoom function to magnify for the visually impaired. Use Zoom to magnify the image on Apple TV - Apple Support. Maybe you accidentally activated this?
  • Apple TV has a temporary zoom function to eliminate letterbox bars (double-tap the touch surface lightly without clicking through; double-tap again to return to normal). This is temporary to the currently playing content only; it does not stick after navigating out of it.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2021 9:43 AM in response to Chris Hannigan

• Your TV may have a zoom function – but I presume you would have noticed that with other inputs.
  • Apple TV has a ‘overscan’ zoom function (that would be up to ~4%, not that much). It would be off by default, and I haven’t seen digital 16:9 content that could warrant changing this.
  • Apple TV has an accessibility zoom function to magnify for the visually impaired. Use Zoom to magnify the image on Apple TV - Apple Support. Maybe you accidentally activated this?
  • Apple TV has a temporary zoom function to eliminate letterbox bars (double-tap the touch surface lightly without clicking through; double-tap again to return to normal). This is temporary to the currently playing content only; it does not stick after navigating out of it.

My Apple TV app screen is zoomed too much on my Samsung tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.