Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No camera detected on MacBook Air

I manage 70 2015 macbook airs. The camera problem "(no camera detected)" persists. They have followed all of the recommended fixes (restart, check for apps using the camera, OS updates, and resetting SMC).

Eventually, restarting or resetting the SMC eventually work, but only after several failed attempts.

Why hasn't this issue been addressed by Apple? Has anyone had success addressing this problem? Is there a "fix" I am missing?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 9:36 AM

Hi,

Following document could help your issue.

If your built-in camera isn’t working on your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports hardware related issue(NDC001 to NDC006).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies

Mar 6, 2021 6:04 PM in response to jeffreyfromfarmingdale

Just curious what version of macOS is being used on these MBAirs. Does the issue recur on the MBAirs where you have used the SMC reset?

We utilize a lot of MBAirs from 2013-2017 in our organization and I don't believe we've ever encountered any massive amounts of camera issues. I would have to check with the co-worker who specializes in supporting these particular laptops to be sure.

No camera detected on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.