Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MP3 files still in Computer after using delete files and emptying the trash

Hello,

I recently updated my music library to higher bit rates and deleted the lower bit rates in my iTunes library by using the "move to trash" option and I went to empty the trash bin for permanent deletion and executed by emptying the trash.

Thinking that the lower bit rate music was deleted, I had checked one song and clicked it in the "Finder" so it would play in the library.... that song I deleted was still there along with the newer song I recently put in.

All the songs that I have deleted and trashed are still in the "Finder" months later, so is there a simple way of finding the lower bit rate 128 and 160 etc music that was deleted and trashed without entering the music back to the library and just finding the files in question in the "Finder" this will really help me, Thank you

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 2:02 PM

Updated by re-ripping the original CDs at a new bit rate, or by converting the existing files in the library? The latter won't have resulted in any improvement of sound quality, just bigger files.

There isn't an easy way to pick out the files you want to remove using Finder, but you should be able to add the entire media folder to the library, then select all the files added today and delete them again. Hopefully this time if you send to trash when deleting they will actually be moved there, after which you can empty the trash.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2021 2:02 PM in response to LeafsRule

Updated by re-ripping the original CDs at a new bit rate, or by converting the existing files in the library? The latter won't have resulted in any improvement of sound quality, just bigger files.

There isn't an easy way to pick out the files you want to remove using Finder, but you should be able to add the entire media folder to the library, then select all the files added today and delete them again. Hopefully this time if you send to trash when deleting they will actually be moved there, after which you can empty the trash.

tt2

MP3 files still in Computer after using delete files and emptying the trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.