Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I family share without having one payment method forced

Recently, I put my own payment method in, but in return I can’t download the songs or games my mom and brother already own. We’re still in a family, but can’t share already bought purchases

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 11:44 AM

Hello kneale,

Do you still have purchase sharing active?

If you don't see your family's shared content - http://support.apple.com/HT201454

2 replies

Mar 6, 2021 11:53 AM in response to kneale258

In addition to what Limnos said, you can have your own payment method associated with your Apple ID so that you can use Apple Pay and make purchases online. However, only the family organizer’s payment method can be used for Family Purchases. The exception to that is that any family member can redeem Apple Gift cards and pay for their purchase with the balance on their cards without having to use the organizer’s payment.

As far as I know, having your own payment method associated with your Apple ID should not matter with regard to the ability to share purchases. One caveat to my answer is that we all set up our Apple ID’s and payment methods before I started Family Sharing.

Can I family share without having one payment method forced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.