Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I use Apple Watch 6 cellular without activating celluar

im thinking of buying my husband a new Apple Watch, I'm looking at the series 6 but not sure of to get the gps or gps with cellular? not sure which one he would like, if he does not want to pay extra each month for the cellular plan can he still use the cellular watch without actually activating the cellular feature? thank you

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 2:53 PM

Yes. In that mode, it will be have just like a GPS only Apple Watch.

The GPS only Apple Watch can do Everything the Cellular model can do AS LONG AS your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is generally somewhere in the same moderately sized home. The Cellular model allows you to leave your iPhone at home while you go for a walk, run, bike ride.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2021 2:53 PM in response to tyjebr1972

Yes. In that mode, it will be have just like a GPS only Apple Watch.

The GPS only Apple Watch can do Everything the Cellular model can do AS LONG AS your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is generally somewhere in the same moderately sized home. The Cellular model allows you to leave your iPhone at home while you go for a walk, run, bike ride.

can I use Apple Watch 6 cellular without activating celluar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.