Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silicone Case and Mute Switch

After several months I began to frequently miss calls on my iPhone 11 Pro. The mechanical mute switch seemed to activate on its own. I puzzled at this problem for a year and now I know the cause. The Apple silicone case is just flexible enough to push the switch off whenever it is squeezed a little in my hand or pocket. This may be a defect in my case or in other silicone cases. My case is now unusable.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 4:41 PM

Hello Neil,

Ensuring your iPhone isn't muting unexpectedly is very important. We're glad you had the chance to determine the root cause of the issue with the case. With having isolated the issue to the case, it would be recommended to contact Apple directly. You can find their contact details via the Get Support website.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2021 4:41 PM in response to neilfromdc

Hello Neil,

Ensuring your iPhone isn't muting unexpectedly is very important. We're glad you had the chance to determine the root cause of the issue with the case. With having isolated the issue to the case, it would be recommended to contact Apple directly. You can find their contact details via the Get Support website.

Have a great day!

Silicone Case and Mute Switch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.