Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app have a lot of problems on LG OLED B9

Hello everyone... I’m having serious problems on my LG b9 oled and the Apple TV app

i have no sync with subtitles, Apple TV + shows have a lot of problems loading, crashes mid episode, something that don’t happen with purchased movies.

also have random lock ups only with Apple TV + shows or movies

already tryed to reset the app and the tv... nothing helps

LG OLEDB9

Firmware 5.00.15

OLED65B9PSB,

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 6:37 PM

Similar questions

21 replies

Mar 8, 2021 8:22 AM in response to el.rafar

Hi el.rafar,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with the Apple TV app on your LG television. It sounds like you have experienced crashing and sync issues with the app.

Resetting the app and TV was a good step. Can you delete and reinstall the app?

Also, have a look at these article's steps: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app.

Have you tested your internet speed? Is it possible to test playback with an Ethernet cable?

Have a fantastic day!

Aug 3, 2021 9:24 AM in response to el.rafar

new update to the Apple TV plus dropped last night and it is an MAJOR improvement

4K Dolby vision movies and series load really fast

no more crashes when scrubbing videos

subtitles still a bit of but not by a lot

more responsive interface

no tv firmware changes from the last report, so all was on improving the app

now we can enjoy a great experience on the b9 oled

Apple music included on the app anytime soon?

thanks!

Mar 8, 2021 9:16 AM in response to MichaelB2019

Hello Michael

So, as the TV was restarted to it´s original factory software the Apple TV app was unistalled and re-installed on the last public version. It did not helped.

On the intenet speed side, as tested directly on the tv i have 240 Mbps download and 21 Mbps upload. Using an ethernet cable lowers my download speeds to 95Mbps as the interface on the TV is only 10/100 (my router is gigabit)

The problem is worse playing apple tv + content for some weird reason. all other purchased movies ( titles with and without dolby vision and atmos) does have problems (out of sync subtiles, random crashes, stuttering) but are less frequent.

Trying to watch the second season of for all mankind, the app crashed so much on the season 1 recap that i had to:

Watch the recap and 10 seconds on my iphone and them restart the episode 1, as where i have left, on the TV.

Trying to move foward or backwards on the episode is a lottery and most of times leads to erros like: Episode not avaliable,

network not avaliable, try again. If the espisodes engages i don´t touch anything, maybe it plays all fine. I don´t even dare to pass the episode intro.

On the same TV, other popular streaming apps( N, A, D+,YT) works perfectly playing 4k, dolby vision and atmos, special functions and everthing.

Mar 13, 2021 10:10 AM in response to ThijsBel

I have tryed everything that Apple support asked of me... nothing helped.

yesterday, new episode of FOMK, again, had to start episode at my iPhone, a lot of errors and hard crashes until i could watch the episode...

Apple TV app for LG needs to be rebuilt from zero... all others streaming services works “just like magic”

Apr 9, 2021 7:18 AM in response to Matt-Boy

The app was updated last week and it did no difference at all. Tryed to reset the tv, accounts and everything again and nothing.

Trying to watch Justice League via the Apple Tv+ App was a pain... 4h movie and you have fear to pause it...

Again... all other streaming apps, using 4k, Dolby Vision and Atmos... all of them works just fine...

Apr 30, 2021 8:06 AM in response to el.rafar

Had some time to spare as i was installing a new internet connection (500Mbps) in my home and reseted the whole tv, factory settings. Did all the updates again, LG Firmware 5.00.15, and still the same results.

App crashes, says there is no internet, and now it is mixing languages on the movie tiles. The tiles are in english and the descriptions are in my language, portuguese.

Come on Apple, there is something clearly broken here... all other apps works just fine... 4k Dolby everything...

May 3, 2021 12:05 AM in response to Mohit’s432

Hi Mohit's432,

Thanks for your effort!

I think it is clear that everybody facing the issues has done a clean install of the apple tv app and has updated the firmware of the TV to the latest version. In all honousty i think the app is still very much bugged. The update has nog changed anything for me. Subtitles out of sync. When trying to watch a series, the screen stutters. For the moment it is really unusable. I use my ipad to cast to the television.

Hope the tech team gets this solved soon. The app in its current state should not been released (feels like alpha version :)).

Apple TV app have a lot of problems on LG OLED B9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.