Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer El Capitan 10.11. 8 to another MB pro that is on Snow Leopard 6.8

I wanted to prepare a mid 2009 MB pro for sale. It had El Capitan installed. While cleaning it up, and reloading the OS I messed it up and finally I ended up installing Snow Leo 6.8 from a DVD.

So is there a way to legally re-install OSX 10.11 ? Migration assistant and Time Machine do not appear to be helpful.

Thanks for any idea!

Why do I sell the good old MBpro? My new MB air with M1 is mindblowing - one machine saves me working on MBpro and iMac!

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 10:35 AM

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250003506

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 8, 2021 1:30 AM in response to a brody

Hi & thanks!

This is exactly what I'm doing now: Install Snow Leo from the CD you mentioned. Gets me back a running system after messing it up with various upates.

However, I am quite convinced that previously I had a newer OS, 10.11 or so. So there must have been a way of incrementally upgrading the system. At least to 10.7 which is required for some applications (remote office etc.).

In the web I found various upgrades to 10. xxx on usb - would they work?

How to transfer El Capitan 10.11. 8 to another MB pro that is on Snow Leopard 6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.