Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard will not display

My keyboard is no longer displaying once I get into my iPhone. It will not display for emails, or if I am even trying to reset my phone to type in my password/code. It will only show up when I shut the phone completely off and keyboard will show to allow me to get in the phone but once in the phone it will no longer appear for text, emails, resetting the iPhone, etc. Any clues? I did a soft reset as well.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 4:14 PM

Thanks for your answer however after much trial and error nothing worked from my side. My corporate office was able to remote into the phone and somehow got it fixed. It’s still a Scooby Doo mystery for me.

2 replies

Mar 9, 2021 3:43 PM in response to ibm577

Hi ibm577,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with the keyboard on your iPhone. Do you use an external accessory such as a third party keyboard? Or do you have an external keyboard physically connected to the device? If you go to Settings > General > Keyboard is showing a "Hardware Keyboard" listed? Also, if you go to Settings > Bluetooth is there a keyboard paired? And lastly, if you temporarily disable Bluetooth in Control Center, does the issue remain?

Thank you.

Keyboard will not display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.