Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to know what can I do to connect the internet If I have the following message: WEAK SECURITY (WPA)

I need to know how to connect my MAC to the WIFI signal when I have a message that I have a WEAK SECURITY (WPA) message

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 9:57 AM

if you were unable to load any web pages because of DNS issues, that is a completely different issue than the one you raised.

WEP WPA and similar encryptions are applied to the messages from your computer to/from your Router, so that nosy neighbors to not read or intercept your data including banking and credit card and email data. This Encryption is NOT actually required to make a connection, but it is certainly Prudent to encrypt that part of the connection.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2021 9:57 AM in response to mariaschz

if you were unable to load any web pages because of DNS issues, that is a completely different issue than the one you raised.

WEP WPA and similar encryptions are applied to the messages from your computer to/from your Router, so that nosy neighbors to not read or intercept your data including banking and credit card and email data. This Encryption is NOT actually required to make a connection, but it is certainly Prudent to encrypt that part of the connection.

I need to know what can I do to connect the internet If I have the following message: WEAK SECURITY (WPA)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.