Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to download app notifications

Since updating to Big Sur, I am getting >20 (and growing) notifications that

"UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD APP" blah blah blah could not be installed. Please try again later.

It started with just 5-10 of these. Now when my computer wakes up, I have >20 and growing. I have to through and manually close each and every one.

I have all notifications turned off.

Any ideas how to stop this frustrating behavior?

Thanks!

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 6:51 AM

Actually, this isn't fixed yet. I'm on Big Sur 11.2.3 and the issue still persists. Being part of the Apple Software Seed program and currently testing 11.3 - the issue still isn't fixed.

You'll find several different suggestions here in these forums, but so far none has reliably worked for me.

My current workaround to update affected apps is to first delete them from my Mac and then re-downloading the latest version from the App Store.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 6:51 AM in response to dialabrain

Actually, this isn't fixed yet. I'm on Big Sur 11.2.3 and the issue still persists. Being part of the Apple Software Seed program and currently testing 11.3 - the issue still isn't fixed.

You'll find several different suggestions here in these forums, but so far none has reliably worked for me.

My current workaround to update affected apps is to first delete them from my Mac and then re-downloading the latest version from the App Store.

Apr 16, 2021 10:10 AM in response to dialabrain

Why would I not want to do automatic updates? It seems like you can either do them automatically or manually, but not both. That seems silly. And as Herbert says earlier, that doesn't fix it. Given the importance placed on updating apps for security reasons, this seems unfortunate to say the least.

unable to download app notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.