Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages app glitch

I found that I am unable to rotate to landscape orientation on my iPhone XS, using the iMessages app. The screen rotates in other apps. I tried powering off and on, with no change. Any ideas out there about this? The phone software is up to date. Thanks

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 12:26 PM

Hi AppleNeonate,

We understand your screen won't rotate in the Messages application. We're happy to offer some guidance.

To start, in Settings > Display & Brightness > Display Zoom, do you currently have the View set to Standard? If you have it set to Zoomed, this would be why the Messages app only displays in the portrait orientation, and you'll want to change it to standard.

You can find more info on rotating your screen here: Rotate the screen on your iPhone or iPod touch

We hope this helps. Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 12:26 PM in response to AppleNeonate

Hi AppleNeonate,

We understand your screen won't rotate in the Messages application. We're happy to offer some guidance.

To start, in Settings > Display & Brightness > Display Zoom, do you currently have the View set to Standard? If you have it set to Zoomed, this would be why the Messages app only displays in the portrait orientation, and you'll want to change it to standard.

You can find more info on rotating your screen here: Rotate the screen on your iPhone or iPod touch

We hope this helps. Take care!

iMessages app glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.