Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch GPS + Cellular

I’m looking to purchase an Apple Watch series 6 soon. If I purchase the GPS + cellular option will I be forced to set up the cellular option in order to use it? or is that a choice. I was thinking of getting it just to have the features but I don’t want to set up a cellular plan immediately.

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 7:34 AM

If you purchase the Cellular + GPS you do not have to connect the cellular to it.

But there are no extra features unless you connect the Cellular to a carrier.

It will do the exact same thing as the GPS model.

But if you get the Cellular + GPS you will always have the option to add the carrier to it later if you wish, but if you purchase the GPS model and one day want cellular you would need to purchase a new watch.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2021 7:34 AM in response to ishmaelfordjour

If you purchase the Cellular + GPS you do not have to connect the cellular to it.

But there are no extra features unless you connect the Cellular to a carrier.

It will do the exact same thing as the GPS model.

But if you get the Cellular + GPS you will always have the option to add the carrier to it later if you wish, but if you purchase the GPS model and one day want cellular you would need to purchase a new watch.

Apple Watch GPS + Cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.