Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods playing out of one ear at a time

Both the individual airpods seem to be working fine, but only one connects at a time. If I put the left in first, it ONLY connects the left. Same goes for the right. And the kind of thing that pops up when you open the case is kind of glitchy, with the percentage like flashing.

Posted on Mar 8, 2021 5:51 PM

2 replies

Mar 8, 2021 6:13 PM in response to Mismatched_

Mismatched_ Said:

"Airpods playing out of one ear at a time: Both the individual airpods seem to be working fine, but only one connects at a time. If I put the left in first, it ONLY connects the left. Same goes for the right. And the kind of thing that pops up when you open the case is kind of glitchy, with the percentage like flashing."

-------

Where to Go from here:

Seems no more Ethan a synchronization issue. So, try the following:

I. Disable Other Bluetooth Devices:

Try disabling other Bluetooth devices that you have laying about that may be connected to these. Perhaps something is getting in the way here.

II. A Other Few Thoughts to Refer to:

A. Troubleshoot the Pairing:

Disable Bluetooth on all but one device — the one device you want to synchronize with these with.

B. Troubleshoot the Connection:

Using this via these Apple Support links, troubleshoot this.

C. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

D. Clear Out Earwax:

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Airpods playing out of one ear at a time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.